SANDY SPRINGS BIKE WRECK LAWYERS
In Georgia accidents between bicycles and cars, bicycles almost always lose the battle. Additionally, the consequences to the cyclists are often more severe than those from a typical Atlanta road wreck. While two automobiles may bump each other with neither driver being injured, a cyclist bumped by a vehicle can easily be severely injured or killed depending on the circumstances. Atlanta bicycle/auto accidents often result in broken bones, spinal cord injuries, head injuries, traumatic brain injuries, internal organ injuries, and severe skin injuries.
In the United States in 2003, more than 600 bicyclists were killed in crashes with motor vehicles. Tens of thousands more were injured, oftentimes seriously. In 2019, we can expect those numbers to be even greater. If you or a family member are a victim of a negligent driver and suffered injuries while riding a bicycle, the personal injury attorneys in our firm can help you recover money damages. There are a myriad of ways these accidents occur:
- A vehicle failing to yield at an intersection
- A vehicle turning directly in front of a cyclist
- A vehicle sideswiping a cyclist
- A vehicle forcing a cyclist off the roadway
- A vehicle pulling out from a parking space, driveway, etc.
- A vehicle running a red light or stop sign
- A vehicle pulling out from a stop sign without properly looking
- A drunk driver doing any of the above
Cycling crashes can also be caused by unleashed dogs chasing a cyclist. A thorough knowledge of applicable leash laws is essential to a proper analysis of these incidents.
If you have been injured or if a family member has been injured or killed in a cycling accident and feel we can help, please contact our Atlanta bike lawyers to arrange a meeting. The consultation is free, and we would welcome the opportunity to help you with your claims.