ATLANTA MOTORCYCLE WRECK ATTORNEYS
The statistics from the National Transportation Safety Board are frightening. Deaths from motorcycle crashes have more than doubled in the past decade – from 2,116 in 1997 to 5,154 in 2007 – up 6.6% from 4,837 in 2006. Another 103,000 people were injured in motorcycle crashes in 2007 – up 17% from 88,000 in 2006. The yearly number of motorcycle deaths is more than twice the annual number of fatalities in all aviation, rail, marine and pipeline accidents combined. Head injuries are the leading cause of death in Atlanta motorcycle crashes.
Unlike drivers of automobiles and trucks, Georgia motorcycle riders have very little protection except for a helmet and leather clothing, and bikers are much more vulnerable to injury when involved in accidents. As verified by NTSB statistics, injuries to bikers are often catastrophic. In addition to head injuries, bikers often sustain broken bones, spinal cord injuries, traumatic brain injuries, internal organ damage, and severe skin injuries.
If you or a family member are a victim of a negligent driver and suffered injuries while riding a motorcycle, the Atlanta personal injury attorneys in our office can help you recover money damages. In accidents between motorcycles and automobiles and trucks, motorcycles almost always lose. We understand the myriad ways these accidents occur:
- A vehicle failing to yield at an intersection
- A vehicle turning left directly in front of a biker
- A vehicle sideswiping a biker
- A vehicle forcing a biker off the roadway
- A driver of a vehicle not checking its blind spot when changing lanes
- A vehicle following too closely behind a motorcycle
- A vehicle running a red light or stop sign
- A vehicle pulling out from a stop sign without properly looking
- A driver of a vehicle simply not seeing the motorcycle
Regardless of the specific way it happens, even low-speed accidents can cause serious and permanent injuries to the biker. We represent victims of these accidents throughout metro-Atlanta and the state of Georgia. If we may be of assistance, please contact our firm to schedule a meeting with one of our experienced Marietta injury attorneys.